Tuesday, September 21, 2010

we created Razzle Dazzle

Razzle Dazzle: a noun and/or adjective that could or could not represent sparkly objects and/or be a dance club; commonly referred to in a positive light, possibly under the assumption that everyone around maybe knows what the heck you're talking about; our group name.

In class today we created group power team Razzle Dazzle consisting of the coolest people in tech writing: Jessica, Madison, and Joshua. Took the internet, sketchy name, sites, and a rundown of our favorite things, to finally come up with the name Team Razzle Dazzle. Our group has serious aspirations for this team building activity and we plan to make it dazzle...or something rather.

Brainstorming will be interesting in this group because we're all talkers. We're all opinionated. We're all just a bit controlling. And we really like to talk, especially Madison (just kidding). So I think we decided to section off part of our meeting times to get all our "How was your day" talking out of the way so we won't be tempted to talk about lots of other random stuff.

My goal for this project will be to listen. I constantly set this as my goal because I do tend to get a little spacey. In any situation where a person is talking for longer than 4 minutes (I have timed in the past) I can get a little distracted. In classes I'm usually a little better, because I'll write notes or participate because that keeps me active and engaged. But put me on one of the top three floors of the Cooper Library and watch my eyes wander because there are just too many people walking around that place.

watch out world here comes Razzle Dazzle,

4 comments:

  1. Haha This should be interesting. I'm currently sitting on the 2nd floor of the library because I can't handle studying around so many people upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening is an extremely important thing in group settings. I think most of the time in group conversations many group members are just thinking about what they will say next rather than listening to whoever is talking. I wish your group the best, stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of times i find myself hearing what a teacher is saying but not always listening or understanding because something else is on my mind...or there is a window present. In small groups though, I feel more connected with the situation and feel way worse about zoning out. Both are important to succeeding in class but group focus seems the most personal so I tend to put in an extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting name and cool way of getting there. We created "The Best Group Ever", I know corny and original but we will see if Razzle Dazzle is in fact the best 314 group. :)

    ReplyDelete