Wednesday, September 15, 2010

i acted like a girl

Good thing I am a girl, because otherwise my choice of instructions would have been questionable and therefore not credible. A girl's guide to everyday make-up consist of a few very basic essentials: foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, and the ever-changing lip gloss. In a world where society's first impression of anyone is physical attributes, a girl will want to look her best. It's ultimately not just about appearance either, but about the way looking good can make a person feel.

My instructions are to provide very comprehensive and fun, yet organizational steps to make a young girl's morning a little more interesting. Through my own personal experience, I included some back ground on the history of make-up and a mini pep talk to keep the reader interested. Pictures and colors are always a necessary feature when addressing the hormonal teenage society and a few exclamation points doesn't hurt, instead keeps the spacing out at a minimum. Appealing to a the young and fanciful whims of young girls is something that I know very well and if I can draw in that audience of boy-crazy and hyperactive imaginative girls, then my job will have been successful.

We all have our areas of expertise and when we use that we can be extremely persuasive people. The best part about doing what you know, is you always win.

Now if I could just learn how to change a tire, my well-rounded personality will have no persuasive limits.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the make up and all that was so you could get other people to change your tires for you ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A girl's guide to everyday make-up consists of a few very basic essentials: foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, and the ever-changing lip gloss."

    This is why I love make-up so much. Every girl has the same tools to work with, for the most part, but my make-up routine is probably radically different from yours. For instance, I almost never wear foundation (I don't think I've worn it in the past year or so). My essentials are eyeliner, mascara, and Chapstick, with eyeshadow and blush/bronzer when I have time. Regardless, I have so much make-up and eyeshadows & liners in every color of the rainbow because it is just way too much fun to play in.

    I'd love to read your instructions. They sound like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read your instructions too! and see if your directions for putting on makeup vary from what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its interesting how the same process can vary so much from person to person. I would think putting on make up would only vary in color or something (clearly have no idea about make up). I didn't realize getting ready in the morning could be such as science until I read your instructions.

    ReplyDelete