Tuesday, October 5, 2010

there was a war of experts

Let me break it down.

Miller is like a candy store there are limits, but the possibilities are endless
Bitzer is like a hardware store...everything is logical and good to know

Aristotle is like html coding for the cpu regeneration...you might want to ask for help.

In discussion today we compared Miller and Bitzer (two experts on the rhetorical situation). Both had a wealth of knowledge on the definition of an exigence and it's connection the rhetorical situation. My group decided that we preferred Miller's analysis because it's a little more open to interpretation and individual base assessment.

Here's a little video on the rhetorical situation that someone made for their writing class (she goes to FSU, I know not cool, but it was just too good to pass up)



Now i just feel like i should be that creative.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome video :)

    I feel like Miller and Bitzer are giving their own interpretations of Rhetoric. Neither are wrong, and neither are THE correct way.

    I agree with the creator of the video that rhetoric is EVERYWHERE; how we see it is up to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the video and your descriptions of Miller, Bitzer, Aristotle. It is definitely true that rhetoric is everywhere. Especially in the university atmosphere, it is difficult to go through the course of one day without experiencing rhetoric, but it is everywhere in society as well. It is used in advertisements, business, meetings, political campaigns, and many sorts of other areas. As you said the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I liked the animation in the video.

    I found it hard to agree with all of what Miller said or with all of what Bitzer said. each had some good view points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the video... It is also interesting how you categorize Miller and Bitzer but I think you hit the nail on the head with your description.

    ReplyDelete