Tuesday, August 24, 2010

i created a blog

Blogging isn't the same as writing. Whether it be technical writing or Twilight. Blogging is about opinions, thoughts, ideas, pictures, interests, and people. It can be in any form, from any standpoint, about anything.

With that premise aside, this blog will be about my thoughts on this crazy interesting class called Technical Writing (notice my adjective usage). I'm a pretty good writer.

I've written some really great stuff, however, my writing experience is limited to fiction, groundbreaking novel analyses, and very opinionated work to say the least. I work best when I can use lots of adjectives and pretty words and really talk about my views. Technical writing may be a struggle for me, because short concise emails to the supervisor have never been my forte.

Wish me luck,

Kendra A.

3 comments:

  1. Being an engineering student I'm coming from the completely different end of the writing spectrum. All I do is present data and I thought this class would thrive on that, seeing as it's called "Technical Writing". But so far I'm really enjoying the discussions on Rhetoric. This class seems like it will be very interesting/different and I'm sure we can both learn something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I've been 'blogging' from a personal/fan-like standpoint about movies, music, television, and whatever strikes me as entertaining for years. I'm so used to writing things as I see them, and committing sentences to a post in the style that I speak that I feel like technical writing is going to be tricky to get into.

    I haven't written anything formal or technical in a couple of years. I guess we'll see soon how it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you on the formal writing issues. I struggle with writing concisely in my chemistry lab reports all of the time. I get in trouble for using too many "unnecessary adjectives".

    ReplyDelete